Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drive dog on my bazooka broke today and needs a repair. The part is $40 dollars. Anyone done this repair? Is it something I can do myself or do I need to send it into the shop?

Thanks,
D'S

·
Registered
322 Posts
Drive dog on my bazooka broke today and needs a repair. The part is $40 dollars. Anyone done this repair? Is it something I can do myself or do I need to send it into the shop?

Thanks,
D'S
I work on mine,, sent it in once and was WAY less than satisfied by the results, can you give us a little more info, what type, how old, what EXCALLTLY is it doing???

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the part that broke...

which is part of this...

I left the bazooka in the truck over a couple of cold nights and am thinking that might have had something to do with it. It cracked and snapped apart where it threads onto the stem. The make is Tapetech.

I almost bought a used Drywall Master for $330 on Ebay this morning and have inquired about a new Columbia but they go for over $1700-ouch!. Besides what I really want for Christmas is a Graco Mark V(Yours back in biz Capt?)

Luckily I had my old Super-Taper on site which saved the day but boy was it messy.

D'S

·
Registered
322 Posts
Here's the part that broke...

which is part of this...

I left the bazooka in the truck over a couple of cold nights and am thinking that might have had something to do with it. It cracked and snapped apart where it threads onto the stem. The make is Tapetech.

I almost bought a used Drywall Master for $330 on Ebay this morning and have inquired about a new Columbia but they go for over $1700-ouch!. Besides what I really want for Christmas is a Graco Mark V(Yours back in biz Capt?)

Luckily I had my old Super-Taper on site which saved the day but boy was it messy.

D'S
D's it really is not that hard to fix em, just order the part, download a schemtic, take your time and do it. Just as a guess, we tend to put alot of stress on the dog, after we fill the tube, and they give out after a time. Also we tend to use the dog to roll out some tape for those pesky little 4, 5, and 6 inch pieces of tape.

The reason I don't like to send em off, is that the techs that work on em, only know how to set em back to factor settings, they really don't have a clue how they work or what is causing your prob.. your way better off to take the plunge and begin to fix em yourself. I have a drywall master and a columbia tube, I learned on a Tape=tech,,, really there is less tahn .02 cent differance in any of em,, in fact when you order parts for any of em, if they are out of the perticular brand they will send the other brands parts,,, in other words, DWM, Col, &TT are the same, with a cpl minor differances.

Really, it is NOT THAT BIG of a deal, just go for it man,,,, Ill check around a bit and give you some more(usless advice),,,, If I* can help, just send me a PM,,,

Go for it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
D's you can get the schematic right off the TT page or the ames page,,, its really no biggy, its just a shaft with a cpl of screws that go through the big gear,,, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

It will not blow up, or cause an economic disaster,,, its just a few metal pieces all screwed together!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Capt's right, it's a very simple repair. It's been a few years but I'm thinking you just loosen a couple of hex screws and slide the shaft out.

Go for it!
I agree, butt it has rained 7" over the last two days and I ani;t gonna go out to the truck and pull one out of the tool box to look at it till it quits raining,, get back to ya on that after the rain stops

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Part arrived at my supplier on Monday and will ship with my next board delivery.
I've got a half dozen small renos and a heritage building restoration over the next week so haven't had a need for it. Will definitely be buying another on e-bay for parts as I can't afford to be without it again. Will let you all know how it goes.
D'S

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey d, wondering if you do any work in sparwood, i need some taping and mudding done, whats your phone number,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your post. I do plenty of work in Sparwood and will probably be there in December working on office renovations for Finning.

Anyways give me a call and we can talk about your project - my number is 0120(you should know the rest:thumbsup:)

Thanks,
Darren
D'S DRYWALL

·
Registered
322 Posts
Part arrived at my supplier on Monday and will ship with my next board delivery.
I've got a half dozen small renos and a heritage building restoration over the next week so haven't had a need for it. Will definitely be buying another on e-bay for parts as I can't afford to be without it again. Will let you all know how it goes.
D'S
Let me throw this in here, bound to start a controvecy. I use wd-40 to keep my zooks running smooth. I have some friends that just got into tools,,, I have taped a cpl jobs for them with thier zooka to help em get started on it. They REFUSE to use wd on it, cause it came with a sticker saying to not use it, I explained my reasons for it and told em I never have a problem with it. Well they WON"T use it, okay, its thier stuff and they can do what they want, but thier dog (here it is) is begining to hang and slip over the stops cause it is gunked up inside,,,, in a few more houses, they will either break it, or have to send it into the shop to get overhauled, but at least they didn't use wd on it.

I have NEVER had a rubber part messed up by wd and I buy it by the case, the other lubes will gather dust dirt and grime and actully make your tool run rougher than if you don't lube it at all.

JMHO

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.