Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
24,209 Posts
Really, about the only limitation is the air hose. Aside from that, I haven't run into anything you could do with a manual stapler that you can't do with this. Well, it's hard to get hand cramps with this. :laughing:

And man, you can motor. Bapbapbapbap.

One caveat: Drop it from 10' up and hit the nose on a concrete slab, and you'll be buying a replacement. I know because that happened to a guy I lent mine to.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
The Milwaukie is great. No hand fatigue, and drives them consistantly. Can't imagine stapling with anything else now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im running Milwaukee these days it was that one on my mind.

It feels kind of wrong buying a battery powered stapler :laughing:

·
Registered
11,357 Posts

It always makes customers go..."Hmmmmm..."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
GC/carpenter
40,948 Posts
I just bought the Milwaukee, it's outstanding. I also have the new cable stapler on order from Dewalt.

Mike.

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I decided to buy a cheap electric horrible freight one.

Electric is readily available on indoor work and will last for years for the random times I use it. as tempting as the Milwaukee cordless has these battery platforms are changing every 2 years and I'm replacing my cordless stuff no need to replace this. And at the price it's 1/4.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Rr buildings on YouTube uses the M12 for housewrap.

I thought that was kind of crazy.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I wanted it for a ceiling of kraft batts. Normally I would sub it out but not yesterday.

Anyway the harbor freight worked great but having to knot up the extension cord so it wouldnt come apart kept getting caught up on stuff working off a scaffold. I doubt I will return it for a battery one because I dont need it often enough but a powered stapler over a hand one was a pleasure

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
So I wanted it for a ceiling of kraft batts. Normally I would sub it out but not yesterday.

Anyway the harbor freight worked great but having to knot up the extension cord so it wouldnt come apart kept getting caught up on stuff working off a scaffold. I doubt I will return it for a battery one because I dont need it often enough but a powered stapler over a hand one was a pleasure
Is it really faster than a hammer tacker? I have the Arrow one but no way would I use it where I could use a HT. I hate cords.

Tip for people with a menards; if you buy at least (4) 5000 count boxes of t50 staples, they’re only $2.49/box.

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is it really faster than a hammer tacker? I have the Arrow one but no way would I use it where I could use a HT. I hate cords.

Tip for people with a menards; if you buy at least (4) 5000 count boxes of t50 staples, they’re only $2.49/box.
Yes but not a lot faster. Im a skeptic and I dont regret it. specially for the $20 it cost at HF

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
Anything beats those old bostitch hammer staplers.

Reactions: Tom M and Robie
1 - 20 of 28 Posts