Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to redo a bathroom. Got a quote for a product called sentral any of you guys heard of it or used it. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I could be wrong, but there is a place around here that offers it. I've seen it on their commercials and it looks like maybe a solid surface type product with the look of different stones. The company is a bath fitter franchise company.

This is just my speculation from seeing it on tv:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
You'll get what you pay for - functional and clean but not fancy. I don't know this brand for certain, but I have a couple friends who have had this or similar companies install panels in their baths or showers. Don't let the installers out of the place until the installation is right - all trims, corners, and caulking correct - their business model won't allow for a second trip. Inspect the corners and trims carefully - that's where the instant bath guys cut corners.

Your place?

·
Champion Thread Derailer
1,228 Posts
You'll get what you pay for - functional and clean but not fancy. I don't know this brand for certain, but I have a couple friends who have had this or similar companies install panels in their baths or showers. Don't let the installers out of the place until the installation is right - all trims, corners, and caulking correct - their business model won't allow for a second trip. Inspect the corners and trims carefully - that's where the instant bath guys cut corners.

Your place?
Functional and clean may very well be the objective. I was for me.

In regards to the Sentrel product, I too am unfamiliar with it, but I am, however, very familiar with the Bathfitter "acrylic" product. What I like about it, as opposed to various others, is the one-piece acrylic wall system. There are no corner seams that need to be properly caulked.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea my house master bath redo. We decided to go with an acrylic product instead. thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts