Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The piece bolts to the flange with a rubber gasket, and the toilet slides down over top, and doesn't require a wax ring.
It doesn't have flange bolt on the toilet

·
90%-er
1,421 Posts
I can't see any way that a raised platform around the toilet doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

You can definitely trim it out and make it look decent enough, but in my opinion it's going to look like a patch job to any non-carpenter who didn't realize why it was gone.

That transition must be able to be buried as you exit the room and move down the hallway, with proper shimming below the carpet

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I can't see any way that a raised platform around the toilet doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

You can definitely trim it out and make it look decent enough, but in my opinion it's going to look like a patch job to any non-carpenter who didn't realize why it was gone.

That transition must be able to be buried as you exit the room and move down the hallway, with proper shimming below the carpet
Hallway is hardwood. I agree platform will look like sore thumb. Still pondering best solution.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sorry I have been trying to find a picture of it, with no luck.
We used it on a job two years ago.
The flange was corect though.
My plumber said 3/4" might work 1 1/2" probably not

·
Registered
Design/Build Remodeling
6,587 Posts
Doesnt Toto make a drop on toilet?
I’ve been doing this for 25 years and never heard of a drop on toilet. I want to see this thing – would solve a lot problems.

I went to Toto’s website – nothing – nodda – zilch. But in Google images there is this device that resembles what’s being described. Need to check into this with my supplier.

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
A licensed plumber will likely bust my chops for even sayin this, but: As I recollect, there just happens to be just about 1-1/4" difference in height between a closet ell and a vent street 90.

Plumber did you wrong by not advising of the problem.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,275 Posts
3" cast iron closet bend might give you the space you need.
:whistling

Don't have one on me, so I can't measure it, but I've done a lot of remodels where the floor was 4x6 joists, and they had 3x4 CI closet bends, and fit between the joists.

Just had 1 a couple months ago.

Delta

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
6,275 Posts
Oh, and Widdershins and The Killer will be along momentarily with loads of friendly advice, too, I'm sure. :eek: :no:

Delta

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
The piece bolts to the flange with a rubber gasket, and the toilet slides down over top, and doesn't require a wax ring.
It doesn't have flange bolt on the toilet
Thanks... Can't imagine what it looks like or how it makes a good seal in the toilet trap.... or how it could be stable enoungh without bolts.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Have a piece of corian or silistone made just slightly larger then the base of the new toilet. Have the edges high polished and by the time you're done installing it, it will hardly look out of place. I've seen it done in a few very nice places.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Installing a one piece toilet . bob villa .com
Not quite how I remembered it , but...
I guess you don't need the flange to be tight to the floor either. :whistling:laughing:

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Have a piece of corian or silistone made just slightly larger then the base of the new toilet. Have the edges high polished and by the time you're done installing it, it will hardly look out of place. I've seen it done in a few very nice places.

That's what I was thinking......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Put a 3" tee on it's back ,leave the 3" pipe to the WC long, install the floor, cut pipe flush to finished floor & use this type of closet flange
http://www.oatey.com/products/drain...es/inside-fit-closet-flange-with-plastic-ring

If that is too tall than you are going to have too raise the floor.

Use a pc. of corian the same color as the WC, have it cut to the size of the bottom WC, use a std. ht. WC & it will end up the ht. of a ADA WC.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
:whistling

Don't have one on me, so I can't measure it, but I've done a lot of remodels where the floor was 4x6 joists, and they had 3x4 CI closet bends, and fit between the joists.

Just had 1 a couple months ago.
Quoting yourself is incredibly poor form.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts