Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since im not working i've been able to dedicate lots of time to my house which is nice. i guess thats one up side to not working. did a ton of landscaping to my house, final inspections will be ready next week for this bathroom. my buddy is moving in next weekend to rent the room out which will help alot. i just cant stand sitting idle. i've called absolutely everyone i know and everyones just doing these small tiny things. october 5th i will be able to start that new job but im going insane sitting idle until then.

what say you!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,594 Posts
Usually when I am not working by choice I don't do projects at my house because you don't know when the next check will appear. As soon as you get one you are to busy to do work on the house. Story of my life.

·
Starving Tile Artist
1,216 Posts
In my recent lack of profitable opportunties, I have taken up baking Artisan Breads and selling them through a locally owned grocery store.

It's just something to keep me from going nuts sitting at home.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good point leo. i need to do this however, my buddy will be moving in and thats gonna be over half the mortgage payment each month. i've been slacking on the landscaping, im just going to finish moving about 2 yards of loam and spread it, seed it, and call it a day.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,594 Posts
SO it is a money making proposition. Sounds like work to me. Good for you.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SO it is a money making proposition. Sounds like work to me. Good for you.
thanks. next week ill do final inspections for the bathroom. then im just gonna pop a sink in the room with a little counter top so him and his girl have a little kitchen area. not legal, but im not going to have a stove in there so its not going to be unsafe or anything.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
My buddy has a part of his house that is still unfinished years after he started it.You would never know unless he showed it to you...

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Usually when I am not working by choice I don't do projects at my house because you don't know when the next check will appear. As soon as you get one you are to busy to do work on the house. Story of my life.
I hear that. I want to make new shelves out of wood for my van but money is tight and as soon I get some money time becomes the issue. Story of my life too.

·
Banned
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My buddy has a part of his house that is still unfinished years after he started it.You would never know unless he showed it to you...
this very room that i am making a little studio apartment was gutted when i refinished the whole house. i never finished it though :laughing:. when my friends were coming over i'd show them the house and they'd go wow it looks great, then i'd show them the back room and they'd always be like :eek:

i was looking forward to having that my master bedroom. it has a fire place in it, its roughly 15'x20'. has a 8 foot slider. i was going to cathedral the ceiling but the frickin people who added the room did it with trusses so i cant do it unless i sister in every single 2x4 in the attic and im not doing that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts