Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
justjeff
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I am installing new fixtures and drain after counters in a remodel. All is well except one bathroom sink drain in a double vanity. The new sink drain location is tighter than the raduis of a typical P trap bend. I thought about a bottle trap and even one of those accordion type "flexi" tailpiece...they seem like a great place to clog though.

Unfortunately, the last guy managed to put the connection right smack-ass on the wall with no chance for alterations without doing a little drywall too. I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanx, Jeff

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Hey folks, I am installing new fixtures and drain after counters in a remodel. All is well except one bathroom sink drain in a double vanity. The new sink drain location is tighter than the raduis of a typical P trap bend. I thought about a bottle trap and even one of those accordion type "flexi" tailpiece...they seem like a great place to clog though.

Unfortunately, the last guy managed to put the connection right smack-ass on the wall with no chance for alterations without doing a little drywall too. I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanx, Jeff
picture would b great.

you're right. those flexi tailpieces do get clogged due to the accordion style.

doin' it right means putting the correct p trap in there- with drywall repair involved. sorry. darn, i hate correcting other people's work...charge for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts