Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Basswood's New Logo

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  texastutt 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I do get more millwork projects each year, but I don't even own a shaper or molder. The millwork I produce is done with primitive tooling (at this point)... so I would not put millwork in the name of my business.

I am still mostly a trim carpenter, who aspires to do more "architectural" work.

G'day,

Bass

#10 ·
Just a question............

Any Gaelic "Influences" in yer logo??
Maybe I'm just doing my part to elevate public opinion about what carpenters do.:party:

The logo is a Basswood tree, rendered as a Celtic knot (I'm Scottish/Irish) in a marquetry medallion motif. This winter I hope to make some wood inlayed versions of the logo in the shop for real wood yard signs.

Have a great day!

Bass

#17 ·
I consider trim work to be just moldings.

Millwork is wood that has been milled. So doors, windows, cabinets, including moldings would apply. But I work for Starr Millwork so I might be just defending the name :whistling because we install cabinets, doors, wall paneling, restaurant bars, trim work, etc.

#23 ·
Just keep up the good work Brian. The logo means little without the guy behind it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.