Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Here is my attempt at a website:

http://basswoodcarpentry.com/

Nothing great, but I just thought I better get something on the web (besides forum posts and photobucket). A professional site will be developed in the futrure, this is just a start.

The photobucket portfolio and other albums is still a better view of my work:

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq88/knottree/portfolio/

All the best,

Bass
Alright Bass! Good job getting one up. You definitely need to show off your work!

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice job Bass, I must be the only guy left without a web page. Did you do that all yourself? How long did it take you to put it together. Was it a tamplate that you started with?

Dave

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Nice job Bass, I must be the only guy left without a web page. Did you do that all yourself? How long did it take you to put it together. Was it a tamplate that you started with?

Dave
I'm hoping to have one this winter. Of course I was hoping to have one this summer too. So you may be the last and you may not be:laughing:

I like it Bass, simple and lets the work be the center of the site, not the site itself. Would be nice to have more pics in the portfolio, and assume you will be adding them. How were you planning on watermarking them? Your work is something that a lot of people would like to take credit for.

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Dave
Thanks Dave,

It took a few hours yesterday evening. I used Intuit's Site Builder Lite. It is their simple online version. It did have one glitch, on the portfolio page the staircase photo is a stock photo that is part of the template and I was unable to delete it. I've done staircases like it and the other 16 photos on the website are my work, so I guess it is OK. It is not like I'm misrepresenting my skill set.

Cheers,

Bass

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm hoping to have one this winter. Of course I was hoping to have one this summer too. So you may be the last and you may not be:laughing:

I like it Bass, simple and lets the work be the center of the site, not the site itself. Would be nice to have more pics in the portfolio, and assume you will be adding them. How were you planning on watermarking them? Your work is something that a lot of people would like to take credit for.
I had not thought of the watermarking thing... good idea. Thanks.

Best,

Bass

·
Registered
9 Posts
add a title

add a title when you book mark your page it just says "Home"
when you look at your bookmarks you have no idea who's site it is
Looking Good:thumbup:

<html>
<head>
<title>Basswood Architectural Carpentry</title>

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Bass, portfolio looks awesome....

....webpage looks like a carpenter made it....

Hit up your local college and pay a young punk in a webdesigne program 500 bucks for somthing sexy.

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You the man Bass. I started two weeks ago and I'm still under construction! I have a "professional" taking over in two weeks and said not to work on it to much, he's going to throw it out and start over. :laughing::laughing:. But you of all people should have one.
Hi Paulie,

I will have a web guru take it up a few notches. The guy I'm working with doesn't do much work in the "fly over" states, but he wanted to work with me, so I'm waiting for him to have some time for it. This is just a starter site.

Regards,

Brian

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bass, portfolio looks awesome....

....webpage looks like a carpenter made it....

Hit up your local college and pay a young punk in a webdesigne program 500 bucks for somthing sexy.
Well, there is a reason for that... it's because a carpenter did it.:whistling

I've got a web guru on it, this is just something basic until we rollout the real deal.

Cheers,

Bass

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,717 Posts
None of the pictures are linkable. Aaaarg.

Looks good otherwise. BTW, you have a link that is still in its script form showing on the reference page.

·
Artisan Carpentry
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
None of the pictures are linkable. Aaaarg.

Looks good otherwise. BTW, you have a link that is still in its script form showing on the reference page.
Hey Leo,

You mean you want the small pics to be thumbnails, that when clicked they go full screen?

I know about that link on the ref. pg. I'm gonna fix that link and add a few more... still "under construction".

Thanks,

Brian

1 - 20 of 54 Posts