Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my mother has a storm shelter built on back of house next to back porch, it is an underground room like a basement 14x14 and not under house. The sump went and had a ton of water in it. I got the water all drained and new sump hooked up in crock in floor. There is a lot of hard water orange color sediment on floor. The insurance company wants this mess dried up. There is no heat going to this room and the room size is 14x14. Id like to know how any of you would go about drying the room? And roughly what would it cost to have this done? My other question is should i get a sqeege and try to clean sediment off floor so whomever comes out can set up there equipment and to help room dry quicker? Any help and support would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
If you are a power washer, why not wash and pump with hot water? The temps underground are not that big of an issue, and a cleaner life simple green will work. Then, use Dry-Lok on the walls and floor, because the concrete will NEVER be stain free again.

·
Sluggin away
1,393 Posts
Open the doors to the cellar and put a fan in the doorway (if you are in the Northern 2/3rds of country) & let the cold extremely dry air remove the moisture then sweep up the sediment. The Ins Co may want a commercial dehu in the space but they dont work below 56 degrees. Let Mother Nature work for you. Now if you down South where its still warm you might go get a Commercial dehu from a rental company. Usually $40/day and Ins Co reimburses at $105/day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts