Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Every now and then poster
13,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working on slowly expanding my service area south towards Cincinatti. Tonight it became official with my new "Finished For, $24" campaign.

It's still a diamond in the rough and I was hoping to get some overall feedback on the pages I created as well as share some pictures of a few active jobs we have going in Cincinnati, Ohio.

http://www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com/basement-finishing-cincinnati-ohio

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Ohio Home Doctor of Dayton, Ohio is the best basement remodeling finishing contractor in the Cincinnati, Ohio area:thumbup:

·
Always Learning
8,716 Posts
Small question..is your photo a self portrait? It looks kind of like you used you front camera on your phone....if not then nevermind. I like the site and the photo of the decked out kitchen/bar!

·
Windwash
595 Posts
I think you will do well with this website :thumbsup:.

I read through most of it and a couple of small things popped out at me and they are just my opinion.

- Typos and punctuation: Might want to have somebody that knows more than me read through it. Probably a dozen or more spelling and grammar errors that are hard to catch after you have read through it once or twice. First paragraph maybe should read "Show you what THEY'VE got"....not sure.

-IMO "Cincy" sounds weird to me but I'm from out of town :whistling.

-Under "Whats Included" the 3 hours of plumbing for $100.00 sounds a bit light?

_"We include baseboard and casing trim at no additional charge" sounds funny to me since your already charging for it in your $24 price.

-Under "Initial Consultation" I would get rid of the sentence with the word greasy in it.

-One of your customers testimonials rips on another builder and lists the companies name for installing a bad floor joist. Seems in poor taste.

About how much time has it taken to create this site?

·
13,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think you will do well with this website :thumbsup:.

I read through most of it and a couple of small things popped out at me and they are just my opinion.

- Typos and punctuation: Might want to have somebody that knows more than me read through it. Probably a dozen or more spelling and grammar errors that are hard to catch after you have read through it once or twice. First paragraph maybe should read "Show you what THEY'VE got"....not sure.

-IMO "Cincy" sounds weird to me but I'm from out of town :whistling.

-Under "Whats Included" the 3 hours of plumbing for $100.00 sounds a bit light?

_"We include baseboard and casing trim at no additional charge" sounds funny to me since your already charging for it in your $24 price.

-Under "Initial Consultation" I would get rid of the sentence with the word greasy in it.

-One of your customers testimonials rips on another builder and lists the companies name for installing a bad floor joist. Seems in poor taste.

About how much time has it taken to create this site?
This is ALL good feedback, thank you!

The site is a work in progress over the past 5-6 years or so. The pages you read where just a tiny new piece of what I am working on. Nobody could read through the whole site.. :laughing:

The $100 is what we return if we don't need the plumber...:clap:

The review should be edited I agree. I just pulled it from google but I see your point. That being said I have got a job from someone else who had one of those houses..

·
13,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Site looks good Matt. I was reading through it and noticed this.

Home page, under "what we do..."

Robert Shull said "totally at piece instead of peace"
Good eye. I have no controll over what our clients say... I suppose I could edit it for him..

·
Registered
13,361 Posts
I think you should remove the kitchen photo. To me it's deceiving as the title reads "Haws Basement" The banner reads "maple kitchen installed during recent basement finish project". I was going to ask how you included that kitchen in a basement @ $24.00 a square foot. I had to do some reading to realize it was another project in the same home.

Tom

1 - 20 of 59 Posts