Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
WTF is with that mirror????

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
A friend of mine had one of those over his fireplace/mantle.....that was one of the first things to hit the curb during the remodel.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WTF is with the mirror you ask???

I'll tell you this - it came off the upstairs fireplace mantel and it was all I could do not to: A) Accidentally drop it B)Accidentally drop my hammer on it C) Take it outside and use it to signal the planes flying overhead (and then drop it!)

Customer sinks about 60K into a basement reno and wants to use an old mirror, what do you say??

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,816 Posts
WTF is with the mirror you ask???

I'll tell you this - it came off the upstairs fireplace mantel and it was all I could do not to: A) Accidentally drop it B)Accidentally drop my hammer on it C) Take it outside and use it to signal the planes flying overhead (and then drop it!)

Customer sinks about 60K into a basement reno and wants to use an old mirror, what do you say??
"I really like this mirror... you can tell it's a classic by the way it kinda distorts and stretches you out a little. The guys and I were all noticing how it makes you look 10 lbs. fatter..."

·
Fentoozler
5,623 Posts
Its framed, cladded with 1/2" concrete board, covered with Kerdi, and tiled using Schluter Rondec tile edge with corner pc's

hmmm....none of those plastic insert things for you?
[Clearly I know zip about tiles and bathrooms]

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
Ya know, it really is that bad!! - a clean piece of mirror would have looked so much nicer
Ah, for you it would. You did good my man. I'm proud of you. It's not that bad. I was picturing something much worse. Who knows what the background is. I've got crap all over my house I can't get rid of because my grammy got these things at a flea market for a buck back in 1952. I see crap, my mother sees history. I have found something else to complain about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts