Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Been using the Homax banjo and decided to try the goldblatt dry tape banjo (wanted to try a banjo that had a tape cutting head).The banjo I recieved was basic except for a part they call a metering blade I'm not sure where it goes or if I really need it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
It will go on the nose of the banjo. You can barely see it on this photo in the inside of the nose.

So there should be a screw like in this picture that will close or open the metering blade.

Reactions: elliot

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
banjo question

Thanks for the fast reply,My banjo looks just like that .The piece I'm talking about is 2"x 3/4"x3/4" looks almost like an L bracket two sides are rounded the other side the corners are square and has one hole punched in the corner. I might have called it a metering blade but now I don't think thats right.Will try to take a picture of it but that might be as far as I can go.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Yeah I would be interested in seeing a pic.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
banjo part

Well somehow I was able to get a picture in my album.Don't know if that helps not sure how to move it .

·
Registered
22 Posts
The hole is for you to grab and pull the tape out, two wing nuts to adjust how much mud gets put onto the tape and a sharp edge to cut the tape off. I have to sharpen the end a bit cuz its way too dull when you first get it.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
Well somehow I was able to get a picture in my album.Don't know if that helps not sure how to move it .
Here's Elliot's photo. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts