Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, has anyone had expierence with Balterio? Places are advertising their Diplomat line as AC4 for $1.30/sqft. Should I stay away?

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I know nothing about Baltero lam, but I do know what it takes to make a quality lam.
Either the mark is too low to be true, or some corners were cut.
Maybe it is durable, but is it water resistant? Impact resistant? How is the milling?
Who QC's the milling? probably a trained monkey...

Anywho, it may work for you, but if you want a better guarantee on quality of lam and milling, and a company who makes enough money to back up their 25 year warranty..then you will need to pay for it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The guys i get my laminate from used to sell Balterio a year ago... I believe it was the Trinterio series, it was AC3 with like 20 or 25 year warranty or something.

I had couple of jobs with it before, no problems. It holds up to moisture quite well too.

U

·
0 Posts
tuman84 said:
The guys i get my laminate from used to sell Balterio a year ago... I believe it was the Trinterio series, it was AC3 with like 20 or 25 year warranty or something.

I had couple of jobs with it before, no problems. It holds up to moisture quite well too.
Hi tuman84,

I am interested in buying Balterio.
Is their slick-lock system more difficult to install than other laminates you have used ?

Thank You,
DG

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont remember the name of the clicking system they had back then, but it was the same concept, put them at a 45 degree angle and press down.

Installation was pretty easy, i mean most of the companies have the same cliking system just different names.

·
Registered
455 Posts
vegaskurt said:
Just curious, has anyone had expierence with Balterio? Places are advertising their Diplomat line as AC4 for $1.30/sqft. Should I stay away?

I just worked with some of thier product yesterday. There is a local distributor selling thier "Click" AC3 laminate for 88 cents a foot pallet price . So my store bought 2 pallets.

Seemed like a decent product,went together real nice. Was cool to leave the hammer and tapping blocks in the van. You just have to skiv off the locking mechanism for the last row and glue it ,if you cant lean it up. It will absolutly not tap together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts