Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've not used it, but we're considering using the "Traditional" line in our home and have some samples so we can chose a color. It's 9mm with a v-groove, and when multiple pieces are locked together, it looks surprisingly like a traditional hardwood floor. The finish is nice & is as durable as any laminate we've looked at - including Pergo Select (their "high" end stuff). So far we're impressed with the samples.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
The Pergo select is more impact resistant, but the v groove does look nice huh?

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Flor, I put Pergo Select in my home. So far it has stood up well and it's fun to watch the cat skate around on it, still has back claws. So far (3yrs.) no damage. Their attempt at grooving peeves me everytime that I look at it but the missus is happy. I'll not mention the repetitive pattern (5) that one has to deal with. Putting this stuff down is an art.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've installed it in three homes, all with excellent results. The v-groove helps create a realism look. From another room you wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't real hardwood. Two houses that it was installed in (one had it for over a year, one for 6 months) had large dogs that would run around the kitchen table and chase each other. Neither have reported any scratching or marring. Moving around furniture on it is pretty easy too, haven't seen any scratching even when dragging a washing machine across it. I also don't really see how water could damage it like I've seen on some other brands as it's fully sealed except for the locking system. It's also what I will be putting down in my home. There's a couple of sites that sell it and without name dropping, check them out as shipping is the same, but one site had it for $.70 - $1 cheaper per sqft. Also remember when shopping for it, there are two versions... Balta and Balterio, both by the same company. I have yet to find any info on what the differences are other than wood grains offered. OOPS!!! Didn't realize how old this post was :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts