Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"Make It Happen"
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My company has been in the industrial cleaning business for 30 years. We utilize 10k, 20k, and 40k blasters for various applications and vacuum trucks. We have cleaned everything from boilers and heat exchangers to duct work and dust build up. Our crews have confined space, hazmat, and other specialized safety training such as, H2S certification. Needless to say, we provide a great deal of services. Staying true to our nature we are diversifying again by delving into the roofing industry. We believe we are able to provide a service utilizing our vacuum trucks performing ballast removal. I hope you all will help me in this new venture by lending your experience in this industry. What are the major concerns and issues you have dealt with in the past with ballast removal, by hand or vacuum techniques? What have you found to be more cost effective and for what type of roofing application? What do you look for in a company when sub-contracting these jobs? I appreciate all responses! :w00t:

·
Commercial Roofing
1,220 Posts
The problem around here with Vacuum companies is backup. Sometimes takes two or three months to get them out to your job... We just do it with brooms, shovel, and wheelbarrows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Roof Ballast Removal

We use several vac companies for Ballast removal and have had great success with the service they provide. The only issue has been weight in the truck and creating sink holes in pavement, so that would be something I would conscider when branching into that aspect of your business.

·
"Make It Happen"
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the feed back!

I really appreciate your feed back and your comments are duly noted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts