Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
accidents happen. if the guy wasnt reckless and a good worker, I see no reason to fire him. :thumbsup:
I agree with you. Though seems like every time we get concrete, it's always a different driver, and this small company has had a few accidents recently.

A few moths ago, one of their block truck drivers flipped a Moffit and got hurt.

I' m just glad this driver wasn't injured....

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Was the truck full or empty ? Looks possibly empty to me.

When most big trucks roll,the drivers get less injured if the truck rolls to passenger side as opposed to the drivers side.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
A ready-mix truck turns into a monster when it get loaded and becomes top-heavy. Usually, a good driver is aware of the beast, but pavement edges letting go are always possible.

Fairly common to see a loaded on next to a highway cloverleaf ramp. The mixer is toast since it never gets up to rotate before it sets up.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Two more butt dumpers gone. Long live the Rightways!:laughing:

Reactions: JDavis21835

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have seen a pump and a crane truck fall in the hole. It does not take much and the balance is gone. For the pump the out rigger failed I believe was a design flaw on a new model I think it was a 60 M pump

·
Ciaos mitigator
1,943 Posts
bet you were glad it wasnt you casing him to flop over with the d7. now its on the towing company. What a mess when things go wrong

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
Had one driver get in trouble years ago. Tried pulling him out with the D7 and it was evident all I was going to do was wreck his truck. They decided it was a better option for them to call a wrecker, boy did they wreck that truck
Damn. Was the truck full when it went over? That was a 2 wrecker job right there. I would think it would be pretty much mandatory that the load be dumped when a cement truck gets stuck like that.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
A drum cannot always turn when the chassis gets twisted. That rules out the old fashion insurance of dumping in the manditory bag of sugar into the drum along with water to ruin the concrete and make clean-up easier.

That 10 yards of concrete does a lot when it comes to stability and tipping.

·
Registered
408 Posts
There was no way to dump the load. The mixer driver shut it off as soon as he was stuck, his concern was the moving load would tip the truck over. We had offered to chain the frame of the truck on the high side to the dozer to prevent it from tipping while they unloaded it, they said the tow guy was on the way no worries.

The truck sat for about an hour before it was pulled over. Not a drop of concrete came out of the drum. The truck was less than 3 months old, and only really needed a mirror replaced. Well, that, and a new drum

1 - 16 of 16 Posts