Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they say its tough to get a good cut of meat these days ,because all the butchers are out building houses , i just did some work for a friend of mine(a paying friend) and it seams everyone he calls to do the work that i don't, do ********************ty work,this is just one of many jobs i get stuck doing almost everything because they don't trust people anymore,all i was to do was some interior framing,sheetrock,moulding and kitchen cabinets,i ended up tearing off a half dormer and throwing it in a dumpster,plans called for a 12/3 pitch ,7' exterior wall,(small cape)the so called framer built an 8' exterior wall and we now had just about a flat roof with shingles,i told my friend he's an idiot , i ended up leaving the 8' exterior wall ,raising the ridge,the plumber was afraid of heights and told him he can't finish the pvc vent through the roof,the plumber puts the stack right were a window was going(he was told there was a window going there) the driveway guy ,he's a story for another day ,its guys like this that gives all of us bad names, to all of you who don't know what you are doing ,please stop! i can't keep up with the rescues. I'm proud of my craft and i get offended when these idiots tarnish it.if you can't do it right then don't do it at all! :eek:

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Dont worry about it you can't buy a house around here that doesn't say just newly remodeled. PUKE Yep the construction business will always boom when white collar idiots think they can really do a man's job.

(this isn't to offend the ladies here)

·
Registered
114 Posts
what the ad SHOULD say: perfectly good house recently ruined by idiot-with-hammer. ready for moron-with-checkbook. awaits new owner ready to spend large chunks of cash to fix sub-standard work. (bet this one won't be in the paper!)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I like the humour in finding structural framing with one or maybe two nails in it, and interior trim with two nails every 4" the length of the building. (The humour, that is, after I've finished shredding it off the wall and calmed down again) Rich.

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one or two nails,not even close!

reveivl said:
I like the humour in finding structural framing with one or maybe two nails in it, and interior trim with two nails every 4" the length of the building. (The humour, that is, after I've finished shredding it off the wall and calmed down again) Rich.
I think the idiot that framed the dormer just bought his first nail gun ,in one stud i counted 11 nails,the stud was sitting on nails there was no wood left,he used it like a machine gun,one raffter had 10 ,7 of them missed,the house needs extra support just for the weight of the nails ! the barrel of that nail gun must of been smokin. :Thumbs:

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
nywoodwizard, that reminds me of the time I ripped out a door jamb that had 36 8dfinish nails on the latch side and only 2 on the hinge side! :D

·
Carpenter/fencing
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this tops that

TimNJ said:
nywoodwizard, that reminds me of the time I ripped out a door jamb that had 36 8dfinish nails on the latch side and only 2 on the hinge side! :D
I pulled out a door that was just nailed in from the moulding ,no nails at all in the jambs ! one good fart and it would of fell out :Thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts