Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original builder and designer of the so called finest in patio furniture. I hate to bad mouth, but when you get ripped off what else can you do. I design and built every piece of furniture on the deccessories web site and promised a percentage of company from sir lopez and payment for everything I built and designed. I never got a percentage and was paid 400.00 for building their company. So everything that was handmade from deccessories will not be made from original designer and builder due to rich men getting richer and screwing over the hard working man. Oh and using all my tools in the process. So the two on the web site claiming to be engineers, engineered nothing, but changing the colors on the web site. so whatever fool they get to build there stuff will be stealing my ideas

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Yeah, every builder that I ever framed, sided or trimmed for got the credit for it too. That pisses me off.:laughing:

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts
I am the original builder and designer of the so called finest in patio furniture. I hate to bad mouth, but when you get ripped off what else can you do. I design and built every piece of furniture on the deccessories web site and promised a percentage of company from sir lopez and payment for everything I built and designed. I never got a percentage and was paid 400.00 for building their company. So everything that was handmade from deccessories will not be made from original designer and builder due to rich men getting richer and screwing over the hard working man. Oh and using all my tools in the process. So the two on the web site claiming to be engineers, engineered nothing, but changing the colors on the web site. so whatever fool they get to build there stuff will be stealing my ideas
did you apply for a copyright or patent?
do you have documentation of your designs and dates etc
if so call a lawyer and sue the bastards.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Well I can relate, I framed a entire house and the builder got all the credit, I worked day and night skipped lunch breaks, that house was a mansion! But no, I'm just the contractor, who did some work. I just wanted to quit by the time I was done. That builder coulden't even change a lightbulb!!!

BTW I did quit! and it felt good:clap:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,389 Posts
I have had many of my savvy clients offer to help me sell and market my stuff. But what it really turns out to be is them doing a few hours worth of work and me working my ass off and they get the same money as I do. I respectfully declined each time. When I offered to do the same thing but with a fair turn around for myself doing 95% of the work they laughed. But they couldn't see how unfair the deal was. All they could think of is that I could keep you busy. Well, I don't want to always be busy. I want to make money on my work. Not make you money off my hard labor. If I could find a deal that would be fair to me I would grab it in a heartbeat. But they always seem to think that their input is worth 50% of the income. And that is gross income, not net or profit. So I never let myself get screwed. It seems you have.

·
Registered
180 Posts
$362.00 for a composite Adirondack chair? If I wanted a plastic chair, I'd buy a resin one at Wal-Mart for $12.99. Even if I had to buy a new one every year, it would take me 28 years to match that outlay.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts

So what did your contract state, can you post it for us to take a look? :whistling

·
Banned
3,292 Posts
Really adirondak furniture built from trex decking? I have plans for the same furniture that came in a wood working magazine. Paid around 5 bucks for the mag.
If you really want to make some money build abunch of these and sell them at a swap meet.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just looked at their site...the only thing I can see about them being bad business men is touting composite material as "maintenance free." That's a misleading statement because it looks like they're using a composite board, not a PVC material. Composite material is susceptible to staining and mold growth if not properly taken care of.

Hey OP, take your dirty laundry elsewhere. You got a problem w/ them? Man up, deal w/ it yourself, don't whine about it on a public forum.

Mac

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
I can only imagine how much that stuff will sag over time as TF composite is anything but structural.:no:

Or the fact that the chaise weighs 150lbs + I bet!:laughing:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just looked at their site...the only thing I can see about them being bad business men is touting composite material as "maintenance free." That's a misleading statement because it looks like they're using a composite board, not a PVC material. Composite material is susceptible to staining and mold growth if not properly taken care of.

Hey OP, take your dirty laundry elsewhere. You got a problem w/ them? Man up, deal w/ it yourself, don't whine about it on a public forum.

Mac
just like you said this is a PUBLIC FORUM!!!!!!!!! I'll speak and say what I want when I want MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.