Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Guys
The last few days the lights in the kitchen go off then later come back on
I try the breaker nothing then later comes on by there self.
same thing with kitchen plugs .they go out at the same time and on at the same time as kitchen .But there not on the same breaker.nothing new put in but ceiling fan in june check it looks fine.Can 2 breakers go out at same time?
And are they tided in together ? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Agnes is back!
We once owned a house built in the 1700's that used to do things like this, Dad always said that it was Agnes.
I assume that this began after the ceiling fan install?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rwp said:
Hi,Guys
The last few days the lights in the kitchen go off then later come back on
I try the breaker nothing then later comes on by there self.
same thing with kitchen plugs .they go out at the same time and on at the same time as kitchen .But there not on the same breaker.nothing new put in but ceiling fan in june check it looks fine.Can 2 breakers go out at same time?
And are they tided in together ? Thanks for any help
Sounds to me it could be several different things. The first thing I would check is to see if some of the wiring is loose. The next thing I would check is to see if some of the switches from another room might be cutting power off to other rooms. You might be cutting power and turning it on later without even knowledge of it just by using lighting switches from other rooms.

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
Several questions have to be answered before we can send you in the right area. How old is the house? Are just the lights and outlets in the kitchen affected, or other parts of the house? Does something occur in the house that causes this to happen? Are the lights and outlet affected at the same time? Could be part of a multiwire system and be a loose netural somewhere. Answer the questions and we can help.
Keith

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it
it was one of the lines on the pole coming in to the homes.
A connector
when it got wet it would go off dry out and come on.
OK thanks every one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts