Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a Case 680CK (2WD) loader-backhoe that didn't have a rear diff lock. Traction was quite not impressive. I wondered why Case didn't put a locking rear diff on it, since it would have helped a lot.

By the way, is it only 4WD backhoes that have a locking rear diff? or has this been a feature of some 2WD backhoes as well?

More precisely, I would like to know at what model year Case begun to install a locking rear diff on the 580s.

I've seen several older 2WD farm tractors with locking rear diff, it's not 4WD but it does help.

Thanks!

·
Maxi-Pier Tech
570 Posts
I used to have a Case 680CK (2WD) loader-backhoe that didn't have a rear diff lock. Traction was quite not impressive. I wondered why Case didn't put a locking rear diff on it, since it would have helped a lot.

By the way, is it only 4WD backhoes that have a locking rear diff? or has this been a feature of some 2WD backhoes as well?

More precisely, I would like to know at what model year Case begun to install a locking rear diff on the 580s.

I've seen several older 2WD farm tractors with locking rear diff, it's not 4WD but it does help.

Thanks!
www.redpowermagazine.com

these guys know everything about case/ih
:thumbup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
old 580's

Had a 1981 580C 2 wd with locking rear dif. lock.on the floor use your heel and massh the throttle. Since then now have a 2004 580 Super M 4wd dif. lock is on loader control thumb function how things change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts