Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plumbing problem is an odd one; (I think). On occasion, and only recently, the toilets will begin to bubble with fairly large sized bubbles. Having grabbed my attention, I went to the bathroom and found the bathtub filling up with what looks and smells like backing up sewage. I called a plumber to have him use that snake thingy. He snaked (and used that air pressure thing) on the entire system from the house outward and Vise Versa. After having found no problem, the plumber said I should just let it sit overnight and see what happens. It was gone in the morning. (Sorry this is taking so long.) Anyway, about three weeks later, that whole thing happened again. Then another three or four weeks.
One other minor point, I live in a subdivision meaning I haven't got a septic system rather I have more of a transit system.
Is Rid-X a good idea? Liquid Plumber? Any one of those things or do I need to have the pipes redone around my house?

(A final thing: the sink in my bathroom is always slow. I've done chemicals, air tanks, you name it, I've tried it.) Any thoughts?

U

·
0 Posts
check your main vent through your roof. also make sure the service man augered all the way to the main sewage line and not just part way

U

·
0 Posts
you might want to check in your front yard for cleanouts for your sanitary sewer line. Locations vary, but it's usually before the public walk about 12 to 18" deep. Use a metal probe to locate the top of the cleanout and dig down to the cap. Look down the cleanout with a flashlight, if there's a lot of water inside, there's a blockage between there and the street connection. If there is not water, it's probably blocked before the cleanout. Make sure the service man runs the snake past the cleanout and into the street connection.

U

·
0 Posts
Sounds like you need a better plumber, i have never left a house without being able to clear a sewer line with my cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts