Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Thanks for this opportunity. I am finishing my home and am at the painting stage. I have an spraytech airless sprayer which has been an amazing investment for past jobs. I have a question on painting newly installed drywall. I have applied the first coat of primer and have back rolled the whole first coat. In the past I would typically roll the job but with this sprayer I am thinking that I can just spray the ceiling with out back rolling. The drywall is new and the spacklers did a great job and this first coat looks great. Your adivce is most appreciated.
Thanks
Joe

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
If you want perfect ceilings with an unbroken texture you need to back roll. And not just any which way. They should be rolled in one direction only perpendicular to the longest wall of the room.

Or you could cut corners...

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
Hi Guys, Thanks for this opportunity. I am finishing my home and am at the painting stage. I have an spraytech airless sprayer which has been an amazing investment for past jobs. I have a question on painting newly installed drywall. I have applied the first coat of primer and have back rolled the whole first coat. In the past I would typically roll the job but with this sprayer I am thinking that I can just spray the ceiling with out back rolling. The drywall is new and the spacklers did a great job and this first coat looks great. Your adivce is most appreciated.
Thanks
Joe
Why didn't you just mix paint with the texture?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Heck most new houses only have 1 coat on them here.

But, hey I am not in the new const. biz, I do repaints.

I personally would spray and backroll the finish coat.
Roll towards the entry door and the brightest window. All one way, all parallel to a wall (hides any tails that the backroller may leave)

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts