Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering can I obtain a b licence for my dad he has 15 years exp and I have none.. so is there any way I can do this I'm in california I'm willing to learn if I have to I just want him to be legit. Thank u for taking the time to read this and merry xmas to all

·
Registered
102 Posts
No you can't. I just got my license and they say that is not an option. You need 4 yrs of experience in 1 trade and 2 yrs experience in another field before you can get your license. Also I was going to school with some kid that worked with his dad for the city. The cslb (contractor state license board) would not accept his application for a B license and he was applying for a subcontractors license when we were going to school together and got denied the 2nd time for his father being his employer. If they find out that the contractor legal or not signs your experience form they will still verify 4 yrs experience through checkstubs or through the state. Sorry man He's gonna have to do it himself. But what type fo license is he trying to get? I have all the books/dvds/ and cd's to pass the buisness and law part of the test and the 2nd part I have is for carpenters contractors license. pm me if interested in all the information needed to pass the tests. There are 2 you need to pass both to get your or his license.

·
Calif Licensing Expert
1,922 Posts
I am wondering can I obtain a b licence for my dad he has 15 years exp and I have none.. so is there any way I can do this I'm in california I'm willing to learn if I have to I just want him to be legit. Thank u for taking the time to read this and merry xmas to all
Your dad would have to take the exam since he has the experience. The minimum requirement is to have, show, and/or prove that you have at least 4 years of journeyman level experience in your particular trade.

You can be on the license, but your dad would have to qualify it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts