Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just noticed this earlier today in the DIYchatroom Forum.

Come on Nathan, talk about your new project, or is this one not manly enough to be discussed on CONTRACTOR TALK?

Just Busting Your Chops Nathan.....:whistling

So, let's now all start discussing things on:

http://www.craftforum.com/

Honestly though.....From some of the beautiful craftsmanship that I have been priveledged to bare witness to on this forum, I would bet that there are a goodly amount of contractors who actually do have an Artsy side to them, which rarely would get revealed otherwise.

Anyone do any hobbies and crafts?

How about those wooden shaped Christmas and other Seasonal decorations shaped like the animals from the hoidays?

What about macrame' or other serene time twiddlers?

I always did want to take up some painting classes because I am so impressed with the natural talent and ability of some artisans who put something so majestic together when all I can do is make stick people.

Ed

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
I think that is really cool. Most people only see the Tomboy side of me, yet I can sew, do cross stitch and some embrodery.

Is it Rory that builds the doll houses?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Yea, I'm not into crafts at all but I'm trying to get my wife into forums. The Craft forum is an attempt to do that. So far my attempt at getting her involved isn't working. If she doesn't take to it it may not last long. She doesn't really get forums it seems.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet, I need to crochet up a new 40oz. coozie.

:laughing::laughing:
Ed, I see you have a bunch of threads in the sewing and needlework section but only a few in the scrapbooking area.....what gives?:jester::jester:
I think that is really cool. Most people only see the Tomboy side of me, yet I can sew, do cross stitch and some embrodery.

Is it Rory that builds the doll houses?

Man Oh Man, And Woman Too, so Excuze Meeee.....

It didn't take long for this topic to get piled on.

Oh My God, What MIght I Have Started??? :laughing:

Ed

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I just noticed this earlier today in the DITchatroom Forum.

Come on Nathan, talk about your new project, or is this one not manly enough to be discussed on CONTRACTOR TALK?

Just Busting Your Chops Nathan.....:whistling

So, let's now all start discussing things on:

http://www.craftforum.com/

Honestly though.....From some of the beautiful craftsmanship that I have been priveledged to bare witness to on this forum, I would bet that there are a goodly amount of contractors who actually do have an Artsy side to them, which rarely would get revealed otherwise.

Anyone do any hobbies and crafts?

How about those wooden shaped Christmas and other Seasonal decorations shaped like the animals from the hoidays?

What about macrame' or other serene time twiddlers?

I always did want to take up some painting classes because I am so impressed with the natural talent and ability of some artisans who put something so majestic together when all I can do is make stick people.

Ed
Be careful.
Wimmins can get wicked vicious
about that stuff. :w00t:

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes and i paint them purty colors to. :no:
Oh yes you do.

Don't go shaking your head NO when we are talking to you Mister!!!

Now, fess up and post up the Barbie and Ken Dream House.....:clap:

Ed

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Yes and i paint them purty colors to. :no:
I was serious. I know doll house building was mentioned on this site. Thought it was you. Guys must have been messing around that night.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, I'm not into crafts at all but I'm trying to get my wife into forums. The Craft forum is an attempt to do that. So far my attempt at getting her involved isn't working. If she doesn't take to it it may not last long. She doesn't really get forums it seems.
My wife got into a few and I created a couple for her to have their little girlie pizzing matches.

She reads too much of that conspiracy crud though and gets into some extensive debates online about it.

Maybe I should turn her on to the P & R Section here.....:whistling

Damn, the boys will be-a runnin

Ed

·
Insert title
4,692 Posts
All kidding aside, I think the forum will be of use to some people on here. I for one would love to learn how to sew since I'm tired of paying other people to sew canvas covers for my sailboat.

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm leaving while the gettin is still good.....

C'Ya

Later fellow Knit-Pickers.....

Later Dudes and Dudettes,

Ed

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
ah.yes. I remember the mc dude. What's his face. He came and went quickly. The guys tore him up pretty good.

So, how did you get started in building doll houses?:)

·
Official CT Greeter!
1,397 Posts
I told my wife about the new forum, she likes it, and is going to sign up...:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts