Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting a potential customers potential home to give an estimate...there is alot of work to be done just for the CO....College party house, if I end up working there I will take much better pictures.

Alittle water damage.

Hard to tell, there is a 1 foot high blister in the middle of the room, solid as a rock.

And this is where the stripper poll and the couches were...

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Going to be a rental unit...rip out and put carpet:mad:
You're gonna put carpet in the unit? So the tenants can stank stank stank it up? :whistling

Then you'll have to get it cleaned everytime you rent it out. Probably on average 3 times a year(taking into consideration that good tenants are hard to find) . That amounts to: $150 x 3 = 450 per year. Might be cheaper in the long run to just redo those floors on the cheap:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I vote to replace the stipper pole and maybe add a few black lights and a fog machine. I think they could get quite a bit more in rent.
That will be in the residents part of the house...I just wish I could have been in the house during one of th parties.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Repair it

I run into insurance jobs like this all the time . Simply cut out the damaged areas with a worm saw with a new blade . Try not to cut off the male tabs where you wish to save the floor . Remember to tape off with 2" blue tape at areas you do know wish to remove flooring to prevent extra scratches .Use a small sharp chisel to remove the excess wood from the female grove & under male tab . You can find replacement wood at prosourcefloors.com or at their local showroom. Fold the new boards in like an open book . You might have to rip down the last row due to the expanding of the water damaged wood . If its a pier and beam house , suggest an Dbl electrical floor outlet to cover the hole from the stripper pole. Don't forget to test the moisture content of the sub-floor with a good Tramex moisture reader .

Or you could just cut out the hump and lay a cheap laminate floor over the whole thing...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.