Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visiting a potential customers potential home to give an estimate...there is alot of work to be done just for the CO....College party house, if I end up working there I will take much better pictures.

Alittle water damage.

Hard to tell, there is a 1 foot high blister in the middle of the room, solid as a rock.

And this is where the stripper poll and the couches were...

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Going to be a rental unit...rip out and put carpet:mad:
You're gonna put carpet in the unit? So the tenants can stank stank stank it up? :whistling

Then you'll have to get it cleaned everytime you rent it out. Probably on average 3 times a year(taking into consideration that good tenants are hard to find) . That amounts to: $150 x 3 = 450 per year. Might be cheaper in the long run to just redo those floors on the cheap:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote to replace the stipper pole and maybe add a few black lights and a fog machine. I think they could get quite a bit more in rent.
That will be in the residents part of the house...I just wish I could have been in the house during one of th parties.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Repair it

I run into insurance jobs like this all the time . Simply cut out the damaged areas with a worm saw with a new blade . Try not to cut off the male tabs where you wish to save the floor . Remember to tape off with 2" blue tape at areas you do know wish to remove flooring to prevent extra scratches .Use a small sharp chisel to remove the excess wood from the female grove & under male tab . You can find replacement wood at prosourcefloors.com or at their local showroom. Fold the new boards in like an open book . You might have to rip down the last row due to the expanding of the water damaged wood . If its a pier and beam house , suggest an Dbl electrical floor outlet to cover the hole from the stripper pole. Don't forget to test the moisture content of the sub-floor with a good Tramex moisture reader .

Or you could just cut out the hump and lay a cheap laminate floor over the whole thing...

·
Knowledge Factory
1,359 Posts
There is still moisture in the floor!!
How do I know? It is still buckled.
If it had lost the moisture it gain, the boards would be back to the original installed dimensions.

If you don't dry it out, your going to be back chasing the dragon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts