Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
I noticed those at my local HD for that price several months ago. I can't imagine they're very good blades, but perhaps for MDF of less critical cuts they'll do.

·
Registered
732 Posts
When they were made by freud, they were pretty good. Now that they are made by some Chinese manufacturer and just stamped with the Avanti name, they suck. Granted its a 2 pack, but for about the same price, a single Hitachi 72 tooth will probably outlast both of these and have a better cut.

I'd even prefer the dewalt series 20 construction blades over these.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
When they were made by freud, they were pretty good. Now that they are made by some Chinese manufacturer and just stamped with the Avanti name, they suck. Granted its a 2 pack, but for about the same price, a single Hitachi 72 tooth will probably outlast both of these and have a better cut.

I'd even prefer the dewalt series 20 construction blades over these.
I have some Hitachi miter saw blades from a while back, made in France IIRC, and very good blades.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
I use them for Azek/Boral Exterior trim work. They are not a horrible blade, for 90% of the contractors out there, they will do the basic job of cutting PFJ and MDF trim just fine. That being said I have been using the Makita ultra coated and the non-coated ultra polished blade for the past year when I am not doing exterior work with Boral Tru Exterior.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts