Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I use Autocad on a daily basis. I typically use 2004 but have both 2002 and 2004.. the current detailer is using 2002 so been using that lately. I taught myself how to use it back in version 6 when it was still dos based with the green type.. long time ago. Didn't use it again until version 12 or so.. then got 13 and relearned it all again.
Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Yeah in highschool we started on the old dos autocad version. I didn't even remember that was autocad until just now! The next sememster our drafting class moved to a larger room and we had version 12 in that room. That musta been freshman or sophmore year.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I remember having to input the coordinates for each of the points. Our IA teacher got some type of grant for the school that got us some computers, autocad, and a computerized metal lathe that we ended up building a robot to check the material for us. We were supposed to be the "most advanced" in the state.. haha. That's pretty funny now a days.. archaic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
cad lite

:rolleyes: can i suggest Auto Cad lite, its a cut and not so gooie as cad 2004 withis full of patches and errors that we are to figure out

U

·
0 Posts
autocad in high school?

orto again,,,,,, you guys had autocad in high school??? We were still using abicuss's and our toes for countin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Computers in high school... Ha not when i was there, it was 4H pencels, paper, scaled rulers and templates.Hell we had to do the math that way also.

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Trust me they weren't anything special... :) Basic programming and all that.
We had commodore 64's for computer class and a few apples. We did everything with templates, T-squares, and straight edges - then we took that full set and entered it into cad. And we did math long hand also.. the funny part is that we were considered technically advanced for the state because we had a "cad" computer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts