Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Yes you need it to have author rank established as well as publisher.

Most premium themes have it built in now. Just paste the code into where it says google authorizasion or verification it is usually on the same page as google analytics meta box.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Author rank is a myth as of now. Virente has a hypothetical gauge tool that traphagan built before he went to stone consulting. I rank higher than Bob vila so I'm thinking it's not right yet...
Maybe you rank higher than Bob Vila because you have a more complete Google+ page.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes do authorship ! The click rates are great one you establish you are an authority and Google gives you the nod.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
You get the thumbnail regardless if you dont nkow what you are talking about.

Sitelinks is what you mean.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You get the thumbnail regardless if you dont nkow what you are talking about.

Sitelinks is what you mean.
Yes, I hear you . I meant they have become much more selective . 15% is what I heard Google wants to see some serious interactions on g plus . Who knows mine is set up and I don't show up yet.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts
I did have my authorship thumbnail showing up. But it went bye bye about two months ago. :sad:
I did read this blog http://moz.com/ugc/google-plus-authorship-one-critical-thing-you-need-to-know and made the suggested adjustments recommended since in my settings it was default set to also include authorship on pages too. I did that about a month ago and my authorship thumbnail still has not returned. :no:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes , the deeper and more in twined in the Google system we must go as business owners. They are even working on automated vehicles so we never stop surfing .

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
I did have my authorship thumbnail showing up. But it went bye bye about two months ago. :sad:
I did read this blog http://moz.com/ugc/google-plus-authorship-one-critical-thing-you-need-to-know and made the suggested adjustments recommended since in my settings it was default set to also include authorship on pages too. I did that about a month ago and my authorship thumbnail still has not returned. :no:
I took a look at the article and see what they meant.

I would have you goto titles and metas >other -and no index and disable author archives, then no index follow the date archives.

No index follow the media under post types

No index follow wishlist

On the general tab no index sub pages of archives

Its all in Yoasts tutorial to avoid dup. content which might be helpful if your thumbs went missing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes , the deeper and more in twined in the Google system we must go as business owners. They are even working on automated vehicles so we never stop surfing .
The link you attached is to your businesses. Can you link your personal Google+ Page? That is where you will get the authorship status and profile image from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyone using Yoast SEO plugin there are changes you need to make . The default setting is in conflict with Google algrythm

·
Registered
27 Posts
After I made the necessary changes it took about a week for me to see my author pic showing up :clap:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts