Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you go to auctions very much if so what is your best or greatest find.
my top 3 finds are
#1 a 15 inch makita saw that had the cord cut off of it gave $3 for it put cord on it used it for 4 or 5 years sold it for $400. that was 8 or 9 years ago.
#2 was 3 greenlee power cable feeder that were new never used gave $200 each put one on the dock up at the cabin called it my red green fish catcher sold the other 2 for like $2500.
#3 3 week ago got 5 tubs like 2ft x 3ft x 3ft all full of pex fittings for $85 each now all i have to do is sort out the pro press from the crimp ones all are brass then sell of the crimp ones .
i do live for auctions:clap::clap:

·
Registered
577 Posts
I go to them every few weeks.
I've gotten some really good deals.
Powermatic 66 paid 350$ sold 1400$
Powermatic 65 paid 100$ sold 800$
Alot of small power tools that I've sold for way more. But I've shad quite a few wasted days at auctions. I went to one over the summer it was at a high school. Lots of shop tools. I was there all day. One guy bought everything! For crazy high prices. Didn't even now what the stuff was.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't go to many but, i hit one a few years ago that was a small mason downsizing and semi retiring. They just happen to scedule it when a really good auction was going on in the area. Hardley any one there. I got a huge Electric Clipper mason saw with Baldor motor, Electric tow behind mixer, 6 rings of scaffold, a bunch of scaffold accesories like levelers, outriggers, LVL plank, outriggers and a bunch of other odds and ends for $260! it took 3 trips to get everything out. Most of it was not pretty, but worked and is usable.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
there is one around here in 2 weeks that is all cabinets and tops they will sell for more then you could walk in to menards or what ever and buy them cheaper
i do like www.auctionsgo.com all most all auction co around here use them .

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Never done it...... What type of auctions do you find good.... estate, IRS, Bankruptcy etc.

Basically, do you just read the auction adds.?

Doesn't it take alot of time.......

TIA

Best

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last auction
2 Passload cordless framers $25 each
Bosch Bulldog $40
6 foot Stabilla $40
2 water coolers $10
If i had more patience could've scored more. Had to get outta there:jester::blink:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just read adds mark the ones that have what you want.
i got a 48 in time saver that was 3ph for just over $300 no one wanted it because of the 3 ph. put it on another auction a few weeeks later sold for over 2500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts