Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing expanded metal lathe (as would be used for stucco) and a portion of (about 6") it runs under a beam with only 6" of vertical clearance. Obviously a wide-crown stapler cannot be used to attach this portion of the lathe. I'm at a bit of a loss as to the best way to securely attach the lathe.

In the attached picture you can see where the lathe overlaps some flashing, and the stuccoed panel above it preventing any reasonable access. Sorry about the limited depth of field in this photo.

Wood Textile Grille Flooring Grey

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Construction adhesive......PL350
Thanks. I was only concerned that the cement retention (this is an acrylic polymer-modified cement for a multi-layer decking product (e.g. Lifedeck / Desert Crete) might not be sufficient if the lathe was embedded in enough construction adhesive for good permanent adhesion. I'll give it a try though!

·
Registered
OVERQUALIFIED CBC / RBC / RBI
1,288 Posts
CPM
critical path management.

Get married, then make babies........

Is this the recommended detail?
looks like a water catching rot fest sooner or later.
THIS is the answer.

·
Administrator
Sawdust follows Me Everywhere
69,166 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts