Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. New here; Siding and windows contractor in East Tennessee wondering what experience anyone here might have fastening fiber cement panels to steel framing. I have more of this work in the pipeline and need an effective solution.
I've heard I have the option to screw or to nail. I haven't seen the screws/guns but I recently saw a high pressure nailer displayed at a tool show. I think it was Max or something similar. The holding power of the nail was impressive. Just wondering what costs might be; buying versus renting and where to start. I think the gun I saw displayed required a special compressor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jammer

·
Registered
820 Posts
what gauge are the studs and how thick is the sheathing? i have nailed on 5/8 plywood on 16 gauge studs a slick nail would go through the studs but a ring shank would not and we just pounded em flush with the hardi siding and the next piece covered the ugly

·
Registered
820 Posts
what gauge are the studs and how thick is the sheathing? i have nailed on 5/8 plywood on 16 gauge studs a slick nail would go through the studs but a ring shank would not and we just pounded em flush with the hardi siding and the next piece covered the ugly

i worded that wrong the sheathing was screwed and i nailed the hardi on top of that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts