Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Designing YourImagination
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone can help. I have recently built a sunroom 12x16 7/12pitch vaulted ceiling. The customer has picked out the armstrong woodhaven ceiling planks that are 1/2"x5"x48" or something like that and tongue and groove. They sell the installation clips and screws but the distributor that I have to pick the stuff up at on monday does not carry them. I think we can brad nail them in instead of the clips. Will this work? Have to drive 200miles to get the material or wait 3 weeks for it and we need it now so I am resulted into driving. Fun Fun but have to make the customer happy. so let me know your thoughts on this product. Looks like it would be beautiful. Thanks guys

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good morning, I installed this ceiling once before and each box had clips and #1 phillips screws and a tip in it .I would not recomend brad nails ,I think they would blast right through.If I remember correctly(only about a 30% chance:laughing:)This is made of paticle bourd with a woodgrain laminate on the face.Also I had to fir down the cieling with 1/2" strips so material can breath-not necesary if applied over framing.My instal was about 6 years ago and so maybe prodect has changed. I would double check and call arstrong directly to make sure clips are included and i would definatley use them.
Good luck ,Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts