Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is anyone else rushing to get tools before the HST kicks in on July 1st? I am thinking of investing in RIDGID Powertools and am open to opinions on whether they are the best to invest in.

Can anyone tell me what they think of the RIDGID R963 18V 5pc combo? Is it a good value at $500 before the friggin HST:furious:?

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to win a set from Ford:thumbup:. Not sure if anyone wants to get a set of RIDGID tools but I found a contest at ***.com that is giving away 3 sets.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I could be bribed to bake drills
inside cakes and mail them to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Like Shane said we pay the taxes already, and when hst starts I think you will get a rebate for the pst portion you pay against what you collect so it may save you money to wait.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
We pay GS and PS anyway...we only get screwed on labor and utilities....mainly

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
ive been picking stuff up before the tax goes up, bought a milwaukee router set as well as one of the fatmax rolling tool chests that slides open for all my finish gear.

my other concern, rona just bought out pierceys building supply. rona here sucks for contractor services, pierceys has the biggest fleet of trucks and has 5 locations. they say the staff and management will remain, just the signage will slowly switch over

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Bah. Here in NS we've had HST for years. Ours is going up to 15% on the first though, which sucks.

Interesting fact about the HST that may amuse our southern comrades. The origional name was going to be Blended Sales tax (BST). They changed to name because everyone was calling it the Bulls**t Tax :p

·
Dan
4,822 Posts
That's progressivism for ya. I can't wait until it's all over this country. For those who might want to die early, die before jan1 2011 and your estate won't get taxed 55%, come jan and beyond, the estate tax comes back into play. sounds fair, you work your whole life, pay taxes on all the money in the bank, all your possessions, and then you die, your family is grieving and they end up having to give 55% to the government as income when you already paid taxes on that money. someone tell me of a better country to go live in, i don't think there are any left actually. some are starting to come out of the clouds, sad that we can't learn from them.

·
topsail's trimcat
5,026 Posts
all i can say is im not a fan of harper, and now dexters announcement to pump 3 million into a indoor soccer centre . yah thats just what tax payers need, development in a sport meant to be played outdoors.

nix the tax rate hike, and get with the program dexter

Reactions: SamM

·
Time Traveler
233 Posts
The taxes are not going to change the cost of tools and if your thinking the GST, return... HST you get a balance some where, in the fine print, in green which I can't read... I've got to go and see my accountant.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts