Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what are the benefits you've experienced? I'm just trying to decide whether to join or not. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
We are members of the national roofing contractors association, and we love it. It was worth it just for the literature they send to new members.

I can't speak on the "home builders association" though as I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
178 Posts
We've been a member of the local home builder's association in Quebec (APCHQ) for several reasons. The association has some nice discounts on things such as telephone and internet services, supplies at certain retailers, etc. They also have excellent basic training courses which are good for new recruits that need to be brought up to speed. They offer another avenue for marketing ourselves (web-site and publications), and also help with regulatory compliance (ie, interprete the laws and advise us what to do). The networking opportunities are good as well. And it doesn't hurt to be able to show their logo to prospective customers as part of us establishing our legitimacy. We're fully licensed, insured, bonded and these affiliations help us distinguish ourselves from the contractors who work under the table.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think ALL contractors should join an association with in their trade, (I am a NY builder inspector) I see where it would be very helpful to all contractors that belong to an association, they would learn about new products, new bld codes, new requirements for workers compsation

1 - 5 of 5 Posts