Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am finding these droppings around my kitchen (mainly counter tops and drawers/cabinets). I am thinking they are roach, but I am not sure. I have mouse traps out, but have not caught or seen anything...although I have found (and caught) 2 roaches in the house.

Please let me know your thoughts...also, what is the best way to get rid of the problem? I am not seeing them during the day - only in the evening/night, so I don't think it is too widespread...also, there are not a lot of droppings...only a few that accumulated over a week or so.

Lastly, I sprayed Ortho Home Defense Max pest control spray around the complete exterior of the house and along the baseboards in the kitchen. I am going to see if any more droppings show up.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

-David

Attachments

·
Builder/Remodeler
3,705 Posts
Wow... nice crime scene photos. They look amost CSI quality. :laughing:

Looks like mouse droppings to me. I had them both at my office (in an older building) and home coming out of winter and into spring.

I tried traditional spring traps and caught a few. But the ones that worked best for me were the sticky traps--placed along where I thought they were trafficking in and out. Caught about 10 at home, about 6 at the office.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
J F - I am not sure I understand your complaint. I am trying to figure out which variety this is - I work in electrical/networking, so pest control is hardly my expertise....I posted my questions in the pest control forum, which I though is the appropriate place for my question. I am simply asking so that I know how to correctly remedy the situation.

Sorry if that is unacceptable - please let me know the issue and I will remedy it.

-David

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey J F,
No problem...yeah, I do admit that they are a bit strange...but I guess that was the only reason I was seeking out pest control forums.

I have been looking at others, but this is the first pest control forum I found that had any real activity in it.

In my defense, it is in the pest control thread of the contractors forum! :thumbup:

Thank you...have a great day.

-David

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Just be glad that ain't bat s#!t. Mice are easier to erradicate.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts