Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me personally Indians are by far the cheapest group of individuals I've ever dealt with. My last straw was with this Indian customer that just kept bargaining with me on price. So for chit and giggles I lowered by price by 99% and he still was bargaining with me...lol After that if I know they're Indians I don't waste my time anymore returning there calls. As far I'm concerned no more curry for me!

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
56,817 Posts
Usually have that problem Going to be dealing with a couple soon. We'll see how that turns out.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

I never stated Indians were an inferior race!!!!

·
We Put Poles In Holes
206 Posts
Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Your thread says in the title are there ethnic groups you won't work with. Sounds racist to me.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your thread says in the title are there ethnic groups you won't work with. Sounds racist to me.
You obviously do not understand the definition of racism.

Again..

·
GC/carpenter
44,254 Posts
The only time I ever had to threaten a lien is with an Indian. Went to here house took measurements for a small lattice patio cover with corbel tails. I told her I will have to submit this to your city and get permits which would include a small drawing. She jumped in an said "I'm an architect" I said great, are you going to submit your own plans?
She said "yes". So she sends me the drawings by email and I asked have these been accepted by your city. She said yes. So we signed a contract and I ordered the materials. The lumberyard had to cut corbels on the tails. The day I was going to deliver her material because her son was going to paint it she says, I just talked to my city and they want 2x10 not 2x8 joists.

Rut row! I said well you will have to pay extra for new material. I was able to get my lumberyard to cut 2' off that contained the corbel so the extra cost was about 200 bucks. But I was pissed because she said it was my responsibility as a contractor to have know the size of joists. I said you told me you were an architect and the city approved your drawing. As it turned out she lied to me and wasn't an architect. She tried not to pay me. All I had to do is send her a prelim notice and I got a check in the mail for the 200 bucks.

·
Super Moderator
29,341 Posts
cheap asses

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.