Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
:
Must be true. Last month I completely shaved off my beard after 4 years of having some sort of facial hair, my miters havent been the same since!
You live in Saratga NY, and you shaved your beard off in the middle of winter?!!::eek::no:

The reason you your miters haven't been fitting is because your shivering to hard to see what your doing!

I hope you've learned your lesson.:laughing:

Mine is seasonal, pretty much every year. It starts in Nov, ends in March.:thumbsup:
Joe

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
kiteman said:
Depends which dirt. Nice touch of grey there yourself, Mike. I think the backwards hat thing started with either BMX bikes or skateboards, both after my childhood.
It keeps the back of my neck from getting sunburn. You know, "the sun", That big yellow, orange thing in the sky. Probably been awhile since you've experienced it.

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
It keeps the back of my neck from getting sunburn. You know, "the sun", That big yellow, orange thing in the sky. Probably been awhile since you've experienced it.
They call me Gilligan in summer because my hat.

Can't do the backwards hat thing after 30... You live in California, there has to be some type of law about it?

·
GC/carpenter
40,516 Posts
Deckhead said:
They call me Gilligan in summer because my hat. Can't do the backwards hat thing after 30... You live in California, there has to be some type of law about it?
Can't say as I could find myself in a Gilligan hat either. My neck is getting too leathery I also wear this hat as well

image-2792280805.jpg

·
Artist and not a curator
10,103 Posts
Can't say as I could find myself in a Gilligan hat either. My neck is getting too leathery I also wear this hat as well

View attachment 107236
Although I love Florida the sun has taken its toll. The Gilligan hat is a must in summer, couple spots burned off the ole face made it a must. Kinda like glasses, I wear'em when its raining.

Here's to hoping the beard helps my skills and slows any possible melanoma! Beards are awesome, here's the ad for it

"BEARDS: making carpenters and slowing cancer since 3 million BC"

·
Raawwwrrrr
1,792 Posts
:

You live in Saratga NY, and you shaved your beard off in the middle of winter?!!::eek::no:

The reason you your miters haven't been fitting is because your shivering to hard to see what your doing!

I hope you've learned your lesson.:laughing:

Mine is seasonal, pretty much every year. It starts in Nov, ends in March.:thumbsup:
Joe
I didn't mean to. The buzzer slipped and it was either baby face or hulk hogan face. Figured baby face would look better for the customers.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I didn't mean to. The buzzer slipped and it was either baby face or hulk hogan face. Figured baby face would look better for the customers.
I hate when that happens. A simple beard trim, buzzer slips and the whole beard has to go.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Carpenter's in general? No. Timber Framers though! Without a doubt they gotta be bearded! Or else they loose their carpenter/woodsman/half-hippy hybrid powers! They usually have epic beards. I'm growing mine out so I can use those huge chisels too.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
I had one for the last two years or so. I shaved it off a week ago when I realized that the Canucks are not going to make the playoffs.

I was also looking like a bum. Still look like a bum now, just shaved LOL

and ya, winter is colder!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I've only had mine for 35 years. Fortunately, my wife has never seen my face.

I always use two hands when trimming. :laughing:

I told my wife I was thinking of shaving it off when we move out of Jersey.

"Don't you dare" was her response.:laughing:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts