Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent thread post got me thinking about this. Seems like the best carpenters around all have beards (present company included ;) ).

What say you?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I always rock a beard, sometimes short, sometimes long. Have been since highschool.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
You may be on to something. The two carpenters I learned from both have beards. I would say I have a beard more often than I don't at this point.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Smooth as silk, but I'll carpenter the s#!t out of some wood......so.....no.:no:

Reactions: RobertCDF

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
Smooth as silk, but I'll carpenter the s#!t out of some wood......so.....no.:no:
I agree 100 percent.

I'm sure the guy writing the article had a beard so he was a little biased.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Women and children don't have facial hair. I'm not a woman or child.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Well, i've got a beard and i'm often told I'm too good at carpentry. Of course, the one yelling me that thinks that cutting a board on an angle is some sort of majical feat so the bar isn't too high.

·
Super Moderator
25,770 Posts
Nope

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Beards are too easy to come by. I've seen some 18 year olds that look like Grizzly Adams. Now if you were to say "shoulder hair" or "back hair" I'd believe it. The length of my shoulder hair directly corresponds with my level of experience. Unless my wife tells me to trim it.:censored:

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha ha ha ha... I broke my personal rule of not DWP (drinking while posting). This might get ugly.

I sense a bearded vs. non-bearded competition in our future.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Ha ha ha ha... I broke my personal rule of not DWP (drinking while posting). This might get ugly.

I sense a bearded vs. non-bearded competition in our future.
My previous post...and this one, were also alcohol influenced.

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
That's it! You're all banned forever. Now if I can get my beard unstuck from the keyboard I will follow through since time is of the essence.:censored:

Edit:
I just remembered, I don't have a beard.:laughing: Damn Miller Lite!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts