Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of different opinions on cordless nailers, specifically the Paslodes. I was hoping to do a poll to find out if they are generally reliable...

So if you have owned/used a paslode gun bought within lets say roughly 5 years (just to give more relavencey to the models being sold these days) that you know to be serviced properly (oil, cleaner, etc.), using the correct nails(paslode), and non-expired gas;

Are they reliable?

maybe a relavent comment too ie. "it was reliable if i kept the gun and battery warm... "

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
I have 3 framers, two of which are about 5 years old, bought used. They have all been very reliable. I have a 16 ga. angled trimmer, bought used, that is a great gun. I have a 16 ga. straight trimmer that had some issues with jamming, which was rectified by filing a slight bevel on the back of the driver blade to keep it from catching the second nail and double-nailing. I also have the 18 ga. brad nailer that I bought reconditioned which is an awesome gun. Cold weather is the only downside to these guns. I rotate feul cells in my pants pocket or shirt pocket to warm them when they start to misfire. It's rare for me to be hanging Azek outdoors when it's below freezing anyhow. My framers are used for punchout and high work where a hose is inconvenient or poses a safety hazard.:thumbsup:

Reactions: CSinc. and Frank P

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
I have 3 framers, two of which are about 5 years old, bought used. They have all been very reliable. I have a 16 ga. angled trimmer, bought used, that is a great gun. I have a 16 ga. straight trimmer that had some issues with jamming, which was rectified by filing a slight bevel on the back of the driver blade to keep it from catching the second nail and double-nailing. I also have the 18 ga. brad nailer that I bought reconditioned which is an awesome gun. Cold weather is the only downside to these guns. I rotate feul cells in my pants pocket or shirt pocket to warm them when they start to misfire. It's rare for me to be hanging Azek outdoors when it's below freezing anyhow. My framers are used for punchout and high work where a hose is inconvenient or poses a safety hazard.:thumbsup:

so i guess in the winter the question would be ''is that a fuel cell in your pocket'' or....:party:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Keep them in the path of the generator exhaust.
That's what we did with the sub-floor adhesive.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have heard they can be a little finicky but as you long as you clean and oil the specific parts you should be fine. I stayed away from them because i thought they were high maintenance but then bought one at an auction for cheap. It was used but not hard. Thought to myself why didn't i buy this a long time ago. There great to have around especially for punchlist stuff.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
I've got a framer & a trimmer both 5-6 years old that have been used a great deal and have been extremely reliable. Wouldn't be with out them.:clap:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Tom, sometimes I don't wonder about you.

:laughing:
Yeah, a post like that leaves little to ponder. He is definitely from New Jersey.:clap:

·
Super Moderator
10,705 Posts
Why is that nail still in there?
Pull that sucker out pronto!! You weren't getting in the vehicle to go to the hospital now were you?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts