Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
President
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday, I went to look at a job in the city of buffalo...

We dont work in the city... at all. (unless I can hide my truck:whistling )

Anyways, I go down Kensington, figure it runs parallel to Main st, have a general idea of how to get there, Find out Im going along, and this is going DOWNTOWN! I dont wanna go downtown!

So I make a right... Ill run into Main St sooner or later...

GHETTO, to the extreme! :blink:

I stop at a stop sign, doors locked, windows up, pull out my phone, Where the heck am i? and how the heck do I get out of here?!

Then it happens....

A blurp from a cop car... uh oh now I am in trouble!

He pulls up along side, I roll down my window and he says: "this is no place for you to stop to text, what the hell are you doing here?!"

I said "I am not texting, I am lost!"

He says. "follow us, DO NOT stop! We will take you to main Street"

So, 5, FIVE!!!! stop signs later, we get to main street... He tells me where to go, I thank him and we part ways.

Buffalo Police Department, didnt like my truck, in the ghetto. No complaints :thumbsup:

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
Your truck that ****ty looking your giving the ghetto a bad name?

My cousin use to drive truck for a living and when he entered Jersey one night/early morning heading to the docks he got stopped by the cops, they instructed him to drive straight thru, slow at the red lights and roll thru if clear and keep his piece close and ready to use...were Canadian the only piece we have sits in the passenger seat

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts

My cousin use to drive truck for a living and when he entered Jersey one night/early morning heading to the docks he got stopped by the cops, they instructed him to drive straight thru, slow at the red lights and roll thru if clear and keep his piece close and ready to use...were Canadian the only piece we have sits in the passenger seat
Illegal possession/transportation of a gun in Jersey could get you 10 years in the slammer and if you packing your Glock 17 fully magged with hollow points, they just bury you in the Pinelands.

NJ has some of the most archaic guns laws in America...so glad I live in PA

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I dont think my truck is that bad looking, actually...

Cops are all good people, with very few exceptions. A few too many over zealous ones, but the heart is in the right place:thumbsup:

LOL Now your truck, yes you got a favor and they did themselves a bonus one too. Avoiding paper work after the boys in the hood found your truck :clap:

·
Focusing on solutions.
5,365 Posts

I made a wrong turn coming through Chicago a few years ago at 1 am. Found myself in a less than stellar neighborhood pulling an 18' cargo trailer. I timed the lights so I never had to stop. Made it out safe, but it was dicey for a while.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I got pulled over this morning around 5:30. The poor guy was just starting the second half of a double shift. On top of that, the computers were down. We comiserated about long days and he asked how busy I was. He peeked at my .45 handed me my licence back and said "Heck, you could be a serial killer and I would have no idea"

Handed me my licence and said it was my lucky day. :^ )

Made my day, before it even started.

·
This space for lease
5,323 Posts
The fact that the question was asked is evidence of how successful the propaganda outlets are these days. I don't have negative encounters with cops, apart from a speeding ticket maybe 7 years ago but it wasn't exactly his fault.

They saved my bacon when a crackhead busted into my shop and they heard the alarm, brought a K9 over and found him hiding in the back bushes.

The thing they never mention on these hyped stories is that people do illegal stuff then resist arrest. You may not deserve the hurting you get but wrestling around with people always leaves the potential.

If you are having negative encounters with the police, it's probably not because of the police.

·
John the Builder
16,993 Posts
OK, lets tell some good "cop" stories.

I have many.
First one - we still lived in the place the folks called "The Little House", so I wasn't 5 yet. I "helped" Mom with laundry. Put clothes thru the wringer when she wasn't looking - along went my arm. There I am dangling - she can't get me out. These are days when few had telephones - and those were rotary. All I remember is a Pontiac City cop had driven all the way out to the sticks of Waterford, ripped the top of the machine off, freed my arm, made a splint of newspaper and drove me and Mom to the Hospital.

Three years ago - Driving into Lapeer, I'm trying to get the drywall dust outta my face & hat blows off. Lands in the median of a busy 2-lane and its about going home time for most folks. I pull over and debate whether its worth getting. Happens that a cop was passing me at that exact moment. He stops right there, picks it up, wheels around and drives it up to me.

Reactions: CarrPainting
1 - 14 of 14 Posts