Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did this one get closed so quickly? Obviously the OP was not a contractor, and was looking for some of us to tell him who should eat 30 grand, is that why it got shut down?

·
Super Moderator
24,668 Posts
Not a contractor or tradesman.

OP is the owner of the project.

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK good. I feel that is what should happen. I have seen that here before, someone who obviously signed up just to get ammunition to use against their contractor (or architect in this case)

Shouldn't be allowed, and I was glad to see it got shut down quickly this time, even though I was ready to add my 2 cents worth- of course I had the right answer.:whistling

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
That whole post what the hell happened there...
Where did that 30 k came from? Even if Architect didn't indicate that on his plans (which I find it very odd he missed it) a contractor should have picked that up when doing his bid, especially on a job like this being its a school... Most of that whole job got everything to do with fire codes and ratings.

In addition, as far as I know when bidding a job like this, there is a clause in every proposal " Pricing is subject to final approvals" because if you bid a job prior to plans being approved, there can be quiet a few changes made and items being added or replaced.

Ohh well, just throwing in my 2 cents

·
Project Superintendent
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I would like to see the plans and specs. I would bet you a 100 that the reason the low guy was low was because he bid 1/2" DW, and probably some other stuff too.

If the plans had a codes review and life safety plan (as they should have for a school, even a private school) then the requirements for rated walls should have been clear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts