Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into adding a humidifier with my heat pump. I found this Aprilair unit. My local heat pump contractor gets a little better than $500 for them installed. I am a handy person. I looked up the unit on the net. And I see that I can get the automatic 700 for $190 and a instalation kit with a video on installing it. Sounds too good to be true. I know their is a water line that needs to be hooked up. No big deal to me. I just have no information on the unit.

Have any of you guys used this unit? Installed it? Are their any issues that I should know of that I may not like? I really need a good humidifier. My skin is killing me.

Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Make sure you wire up the outdoor sensor, electronic humidistat, and power correctly. Needs 120v. power available either by the control board in your furnace or via an outlet and a sail switch/voltage relay to tell it when to come on with the unit. Have access to a drain/condensate pump for the run off. they are very popular as well as their 600 series By-pass counter parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts