Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Before I got this iPad I showed up to give an estimate with my note book and pen, tape measure, camera, business card,
I got a pad to make things easier, camera and note book in one. I started using an app called good notes it allows me to take notes and photos, I can highlight certain parts of the photo and easily send them to myself via email for future reference.
I still carry a tape it's always on the belt anyways and card case is in the pocket.
Just wondering what apps you use for work to make life that little bit easier.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a good thread topic.. Im trying to find an IOS compatible app/software to use for estimating while in the clients house. I do a lot of kitchen and baths. Even an app that will allow an outline would be helpful. I currently use Ihandylevel, drop box, and am looking into ..logmein...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some of the apps I use day in, day out.

Evernote - Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Allows you to keep notes, images, voice recordings, web clippings, etc. in one place and synced.

CloudHQ - Keeps all your cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) in sync so you have the same files everywhere.

Skitch - Capture an image, annotate it, and share it.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Some of the apps I use day in, day out.

Evernote - Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Allows you to keep notes, images, voice recordings, web clippings, etc. in one place and synced.

CloudHQ - Keeps all your cloud storage (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) in sync so you have the same files everywhere.

Skitch - Capture an image, annotate it, and share it.
Do you have the "pay" version of drop box? I have the free version, but it's full now. I'm thinking of going to the paid version

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I found the level on my iPhone today.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I use invoice2go for all my estimates and invoices. The estimate can be changed into an invoice and when I'm handed a check I can instantly email them the paid invoice. I have the paid version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts