Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wife and daughter are going to the beach next week and I told them if I wasn't busy I would come down. Things looked good until yesterday when I got the call asking me to do 3 townhouse kitchen installs starting Tuesday .

I agreed to do them and may even work on Wednsday since no one else will be on the job . I like it when no one is around to bother me .

Been pretty busy but I just don't want to turn down the work as things have been so up and down since the real estate market crash .

I usually don't give up family time for work but I'm doing it this time . Wife isn't thrilled but understands . Anyone else giving up the holiday or will I be the only one out there ?
Same here buddy, sucks, but money is money and when needs must then you need to sacrifice right :sad:

Gardener north London
Garden Fencing North London

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Over the yrs the 4th has always been a up in the air thing with me. I may have worked a half day at the most, if at all.

This yr I'll be home pre-cutting rafters and timber for a 14x30 roof structure And loading onto my trailer. 5-v crimp metal too. And all the other crap(a lot of beer) I'll need for a two day trip.

Son's coming home on leave from Afghanistan and we are heading out to his property to put roof over his recently ''planted'' travel trailer.

4 wheel access only.........Generator power........Hot as hell.........Boy this is going to be fun :thumbup:
Enjoy the time with your son. And as the rest have said, thank him for his service.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,137 Posts
Bummer. Looks like I will be working on the 4th.

I have to go measure a patio door latch and order it tomorrow. Being that it is a block from my house, I may fill up on beer first. :D
Who you going to order it from, are they working on the 4th too?

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
I was considering working today being that I am a little behind on a major construction project. I am doing the low-voltage work and the GC didn't order the equipment until the last minute so I've been scrambling to finish my part.

But after lunchtime yesterday, the GC and most of the subs went home after lunch. Even the HO went out of town so I figure if everyone else is taking the day off, why not me too?

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
Who you going to order it from, are they working on the 4th too?
I just order it online. The internet never closes. If I get it ordered today, I will get it on Friday. 5 minutes of customer service is worth it. I need to drive by there anyway to get some beer. 2 birds, one stone and all that.

I just talked to the guy and I may or may not go over depending on my mood. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
23,773 Posts
Door hung, beer & lunch consumed...:thumbup:

Now it's time for a nap before the BBQ festivities...:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
25,901 Posts
Exactly.

·
Registered
7,181 Posts
Man. We are at 100. Tomorrow is supposed 102 and I have to finish sheathing a new construction garage we are building. Hopefully this young heart can take it.

Really, I'm having the guys do it but in this kind of heat, I at least want to be out there with them.

·
Registered
11,355 Posts
I'm looking at my thermometer and it is 70 degrees with puffy clouds. Inside I almost need a jacket, no A/C needed.

Should be a perfect night at the races/demo derby. Whoo-Hoo. Heck, might need a jacket after dark. How weird is that on the 4th.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts