Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
I took the long weekend off, kinda. I have to take a stone sample to a client tomorrow and there's always paper work, but I'm going to get some rest and spend some time with my doggies :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'll be going to look at a couple of jobs to bid Monday, maybe tie up a few loose ends on last weeks job Tuesday.
Wensday-Friday probably take off. Its just too hot to do too much.

·
Super Moderator
26,462 Posts
Just signed another project, I'm working Wednesday and Friday, my hands are taking off Friday.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Friday at 530pm, call from high end builder, "ya, can you supply and install 3 TVs for president of a large software company by Tuesday?"

Wish I could, but I cannot buy anything until Tuesday when the suppliers open up again. So I'll probably go and take a look at the house today.
Go to Costco. :thumbup:

·
Focusing on solutions.
Hardwood floors/custom cabinets
5,447 Posts
I'm sure I'll be in the shop. Got a bunch of trim to get made & outta the way so I can start building a new kitchen the following Monday.

·
Hair Splitter
18,326 Posts
ohiohomedoctor said:
Im working today, tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, well you get the point. No rest for the wicked.. :laughing:
I should be working but life is too short. In the end I work long days and many weekends, but why am I doing this but for my family. If I don't stop every once in awhile and enjoy them why do I even have a family.

I am tsking half of tuesday off, wednesday and thursday off. I am getting out of town and away from it all. I will however work on site on saturday instead of working in the office.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not my man! We are going out of town Tuesday night and not coming back until Sunday night. Of course he will probably have a little remodeling project to do on his grandpa's house.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
the company offered double time and 1/2 for today (like they had a choice-national holiday) and at least 3 of the guys are going in. (out of 21)
Not me, staying home with my wife and the little dog.

Seems like good money but the taxes hammer you on overtime, and when do you get to see your family otherwise?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well I'm varnishing a staircase, it seemed only practical but then I get to call the time at my convenience so it's almost not like work. Every christmas it seems the same, people asking for miracles and trying to get get helpers is also a miracle at work. People have got to come back down to earth and and realize that the holiday is a factor not to be ignored, and quit punishing us like it's our fault.

·
Registered
185 Posts
ill be hoping to wrap up some things by tomorrow and will definatley have wednesday off but sure thursday and friday will regular ole work days, i've been cutting out around noon anyways to beat this triple digit oklahoma heat

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,972 Posts
I started my vacation at ten pm last Sat. and I don't go back to work till the 11th.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
Going to put in a disposal in the AM. Then I'm done till next Monday. Was thinking of flying to Vegas, still might.

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
47,301 Posts
No picnics or celebrations are planned in my family circle. Might as well work.

·
Registered
11,634 Posts
I have some odds and ends to finish up this week. Going to the races and demo-derby on the 4th. Just sold a job, so I am pretty satisfied with not doing much the second half of the week but collecting monies owed and prepping for next week.

I'm making up for it tonight though. 10 pm and I'm heading to the shop to throw some paint at some doors. :sad:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have a small half day job this morning, then off till Monday. That's the plan anyway. We'll see if it works out that way...:laughing:

21 - 40 of 84 Posts