Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and daughter are going to the beach next week and I told them if I wasn't busy I would come down. Things looked good until yesterday when I got the call asking me to do 3 townhouse kitchen installs starting Tuesday .

I agreed to do them and may even work on Wednsday since no one else will be on the job . I like it when no one is around to bother me .

Been pretty busy but I just don't want to turn down the work as things have been so up and down since the real estate market crash .

I usually don't give up family time for work but I'm doing it this time . Wife isn't thrilled but understands . Anyone else giving up the holiday or will I be the only one out there ?

·
Registered
11,220 Posts
You'll be the only one out there.

I nearly was, but your post reminded my it was a holiday week. I think I'll schedule around it now.

So yep, only you.

·
Super Moderator
25,776 Posts
Put it up to a vote with the crew, they voted to work Wednesday on our office and take Friday off. Probably have some BBQ Wednesday evening though.

·
designer + carpenter
556 Posts
cabinet runner said:
Wife and daughter are going to the beach next week and I told them if I wasn't busy I would come down. Things looked good until yesterday when I got the call asking me to do 3 townhouse kitchen installs starting Tuesday .

I agreed to do them and may even work on Wednsday since no one else will be on the job . I like it when no one is around to bother me .

Been pretty busy but I just don't want to turn down the work as things have been so up and down since the real estate market crash .

I usually don't give up family time for work but I'm doing it this time . Wife isn't thrilled but understands . Anyone else giving up the holiday or will I be the only one out there ?
I'd probably do the same thing if the money was really good. Tight times require you do make sacrifices, hopefully only short term though. You always have the evenings to hang with the family.

I'll take off the 4th but otherwise I have to stay busy.

·
Vendor
77 Posts
I'll be hanging around the house with a water hose and broom in case any idiots start shooting off fireworks. As dry as we are I can't believe the county hasn't put a ban on them again this year.
They haven't? Even with Colorado turning into what looks like Mordor? Man, good luck out there in Texas! I seriously hope no one does anything stupid!

·
Nail-Bender
4,603 Posts
Heading up to my buddies cottage for some weekend fun.

Got a text today from him... bring your tool belt. We have to do some shingling....

:censored:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Haven't had a day off in 3 weeks. Taking off the 4th -8th. Waiting to see if I got the job on an interior repaint. If I did we will be working non-stop. Ya gotta make hay when there is hay to be made.

·
Administrator
44,117 Posts
It's Wednesday.

Just like every tomorrow. It's a workday.

Maybe, just maybe I might stay home and keep the wife company.

·
Super Moderator
25,776 Posts
No, they haven't been banned. There's even a stand right in front of the fire hall. :furious:
One f them is even manned by Volunteer Firefighters :censored::mad::eek:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I have to work the long weekend...make up for all my time spent pissing around this week. :laughing:

Reactions: hdavis

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Friday at 530pm, call from high end builder, "ya, can you supply and install 3 TVs for president of a large software company by Tuesday?"

Wish I could, but I cannot buy anything until Tuesday when the suppliers open up again. So I'll probably go and take a look at the house today.

·
Registered
749 Posts
yeah, I'm working, hoping for wed off, maybe tue if I'm lucky, but doubtfull, working sat and sun all day.

got an HOA problem I'm trying to be nice with, long story, but my foot in their you know what is what I want to do, I already apologized to the homeowner that I will eventually do or say something I shouldn't and that someone will call the police.

So we will be doing demo on sunday in a condo complex, all day, sawzalls hammers, you name it, everyone is in town for the holiday week and I'll give them something to complain about. Can't wait.

·
Super Moderator
25,776 Posts
Job security LOL
Actually 2 of them are manned by volunteer firefighters. I wish they would ban those things , Goto a show if you want fireworks.

Consequently 1 of the firefighters is a loud mouth and the other is a wuss. So when somebody start a fire tonight or wednesday night when I'm sleeping the loud mouth will be telling us how we should be doing our jobs and the wuss will be hiding under the bed. :laughing:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts