Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone here has lived in or built a yurt. Mostly I'm interested in what sort of wall coverings are available for the interior to hide the lattice walls.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
parkers5150 said:
You must have misunderstood my question. I already know that videos of yurts exist. I'm hoping someone here has some first hand experience.

·
Head Light Bulb Changer
847 Posts
Have you ever stayed in one? My wife thinks they're great and we go to a semi-local state park (Lake Allatoona) where they rent them for about $50 a night. Where are you? Maybe there's a state park that does the same in your area? That's all I got :laughing:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
people tout them around here with the misconception that you can comfortably live in one year round while building it like a tent. i think this might be the difference between yurt and round house.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I was in a yurt in Mongolia. - Very comfortable.

I could not see what was behind the curtains, but it did not upset the TV reception (except there was only one channel). They had a generator outside for power to charge the batteries.

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
I was in a yurt in Mongolia. - Very comfortable.

I could not see what was behind the curtains, but it did not upset the TV reception (except there was only one channel). They had a generator outside for power to charge the batteries.
So... like the Amish, only Yak milk:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If it was yak, then it sure packs a wallop. - Like a cross between Russian (harsh) and Chinese (like roses) vodka.

It will probable be a expensive to North American import soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts