Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a student at Wentworth Institute of Technology. I am doing an assignment where I need to find material lists of several places. If anyone can help, the buildings are the new england aquarium, the prudential tower, the john hancock tower, the federal reserve bank, and the millenium bostonion hotel- All located in boston, ma. Thank you

·
Electrical Contractor
2,411 Posts
Do you mean an actual materials list for each of those structures????
They would be the size of a phone book!:eek:

I doubt any would exist. Each sub pulls a material list off the prints. This is called a "take off". No where would there be a list of all the take offs of all the subs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a painting contractor and have been in business for 17 years and I have an opportunity to start working on knock down finishes...I'm trying to get some advice on how to charge/bid jobs per square foot. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Derwood

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
Take the John Hancock tower - Looking at the pictures of it I could guess a steel super structure with slab on metal deck with glass curtain wall. If you want interior finishes that's a different ball game. Do a search on google for each of them - should be able to find just about everything.

·
contractor
15 Posts
Anyone who can help?

You might be able to obtain a set of specs which will give you a list of what materials were used just not how many of each. If you look up who the architect is and they might have a copy of the spec book.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Teetorbilt

You might try the Smithsonion, they often quote material lists in their articles.

·
DRIFTWOOD
803 Posts
has he also asked for a bucket of blue steam, or a sky hook? i love this guy .he has to be another irishman . a worked on the hancock in 71 good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts