Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey noticed there are two styles of Graco 25 gallon texture hopper and was wondering if one is particularly better than the other? Was there something wrong with the older style?

Thanks,
D'S

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have one, not sure if it is the older one or newer one. I got it on craigslist for 125.00 brand new with a new spray gun inside it! :clap:. It works great, the only complaint is its a real pain to get the mark v pick up screen out of the fitting.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Old post I know...

Had the same problem Florida but figured it out today. There's a collar on the throat of the pump and if you set it at just the right height it'll sit on the support platform attached to the hopper about 8" above the rubber grommet. Keeps it at just the right height so the screen is submerged but doesn't fall through. Helps the flow too. Or you can take the screen right off as illustrated in the graco manual for the hopper.

D'S

·
Registered
87 Posts
I tried that too but noticed when pumping thick mud for the tools it must be sucking air because I loose a prime while the tank still has alot in it, didn't seem to do it while using for texturing. I figured cause the pump works harder pumping thick mud that it was sucking it past the screen. I cut the lil flaps out of the hopper and spray it with silicone before it goes in and it comes out ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts