Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to a new area and my supplier has Superseal windows. On paper, they look pretty good and their price is great. I value the opinion of someone who has used the product (and especially if they needed support from the manufacturer). Let me know.

·
General Contractor
8,192 Posts
Superseal is owned by Andersen, its a good window used on a few jobs at customer request. Builders been buying them because of Andersen sticker, it gives a better marketing boost.

I been using Metal Industry windows (MI) for the last 20 some years, IMO its no different then Superseal but more "field friendly" and it has a replaceable lower sill which is a very good feature to have, especially in new construction.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I've used them over the last 20 years or so .........nothing remarkable about them . They have stock size's that come in handy and of course custom sizes .Never had any problem's with the window's or customer service .

·
Renaissance Man
6,818 Posts
I hear Superseal is pretty damn good when it comes to windows :whistling

Yes, they're owned by Hurd, who by the way, really stepped up their game over the last 2 years when it comes to quality.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Silverline by andersen is probably the biggest piece of garbage i have ever seen. Its flimsy, cheap looking, and has a very high air infiltration rating.
There are some very high end vinyl windows available but silverline and metal industries arent one of them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Superseal Vinyl Windows & Hurd Windows

Call Sunrise Companies in New Jersey. You can get a quote for any of the products offered by Superseal or Hurd. Don't forget if you have older Superseal or Hurd windows and doors that need service or repair Sunrise can help you. They have a service department that comes out to your location. If you need parts & can do the work yourself check out this online catalog at www.supersealwindow.com it has parts for any window or door. Call Sunrise Companies @ 908.689.8666.
For warranty issues call 800-433-4873

·
Registered
16 Posts
Superseal will be rebranded to Sierra Pacific Windows

The product line changed in 2012. They only have 1 replacement model and 1 new construction model. The new version of the replacement is more of a "better" rating.
Frame/sash profiles have details featured (standard).
Balances - stainless steel coil (best balance on the market).
Glass - good options, 3/4" OA.
Grids - BTG or simulated.
Screen - new better design on 1/2 or full
Warranty - got you covered. Don't lose your order #, keep sticker on window - do not remove.
Shipping - foam corners with shrink wrap & clean.
Cost - Buy from us here at Sunrise - great price, service & customer support. 908.689.8666 Call for a quote, you'll be glad you did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.